DAVID W. JAMES
4901 HEIL AV APT B15
HUNTINGTON BEACH, CA 92649
E-MAIL [email protected]
Seeking a sales position in a growth market where I can apply my strong sales ability and many years of inside and outside sales experience.
SUMMARY OF SKILLS
• Extensive sales experience with aftermarket specialized products
• Consistently recognized as top sales producer
• Experienced in trade show demonstrations and staffing
• Comfortable providing technical advise and recommendations
• Knowledgeable in technical installation and repair, prepared installation and instruction manual
• Excellent customer service and communication skills
SALES/CUSTOMER SERVICE REPRESENTATIVE 8/99 to 01/09
Classic Industries, Huntington Beach, Ca
Assisted customers with purchase of high end products for their cars. Evaluated the condition of the car, determined the customer goals, and sold the appropriate parts. Provided return authorizations for defective or unneeded parts. Created an installation manual listing over 1100 pages of installation instructions. Individual sales amounted to more than 6% of company’s gross profit. Represented company at local car shows.
SALES/CUSTOMER SERVICE REPRESENTATIVE 4/92 to 8/99
Clifford Performance, Corona, Ca
Sold specialized, high performance automotive parts. Reorganized retail warehouse. Constructed prototype parts. Marketed high performance blueprinting services. Represented Clifford’s at national product exhibitions. Recognized as top sales producer for 5 years. Turned underperforming retail division into major profit center. Personal interface with many local suppliers and custom machine shops.
Bachelor of Arts, Business Administration
Arizona State University, Tempe Arizona
Additional Training in Smog Technology, Goldenwest College, Huntington Beach, Ca
References available on request